Algo 8190S SIP Speaker Clock & Visual Alterter
IP Paging Speaker – Clock & Visual Alerter for Classroom & Commercial PA Systems, PoE
The PoE 8190S SIP Speaker – Clock & Visual Alerter is an IP paging speaker for the classroom and other commercial public address (PA) system applications. The speaker is also a fully compliant 3rd party SIP endpoint. As a result, the 8190S is compatible with most hosted / cloud and premise-based VoIP telephone systems.
- Public address (PA) IP speaker.
- Secure SIP using TLS and SRTP.
- Multicast scalable.
- Four-speaker line array.
- Wideband HD voice for high intelligibility speech.
- Dynamic volume control responsive to ambient noise levels.
- Talkback capable speaker with integrated call button.
- Customize WAV files for emergency notification / alerting and telephone loud ringing.
- High visibility clock.
- Four color LEDs in amber, blue, green and red for enhanced situational awareness.
- Configuration via user friendly web interface or auto-provisioning.
- PoE + (IEEE 802.3at).
- Ideal for a school or college classroom, in addition to a waiting area / room for hospitals, government offices and transport terminals (e.g., air, bus, rail), and workplace lunch or break room and cafeteria spaces.
A Four-Speaker Line Array Means Crisp Clear Audio
Instead of one speaker, the 8190S is a four-speaker line array. The array technology in this IP paging speaker therefore delivers asymmetric sound dispersion for better distribution of audio. The speaker’s wall mount design supports the Wideband G.722 HD voice codec. Consequently, there is high intelligibility and clarity of audio from this IP speaker for voice page announcements and notification alerting. The result is better STI-PA scores, which is important in meeting standards such as NFPA 72 and NEMA SB-40 for Emergency Communication in Education.
IP Visual Alerting for Enhanced Situational Awareness
The 8190S IP speaker – clock has a four color LED visual alerter available in the device (i.e. amber, blue, green and red). The speaker’s visual alerter enhances notification and alerting of safety, security and emergency events. Device configuration allows a visual alert color to be aligned with the speaker’s broadcast for an alert tone / announcement. For example, Amber – Shelter, Blue – Evacuate, Red – Lockdown, Green – All Clear. The LEDs can be configured to light independently or in combination to suit color choice requirements. In addition, 10 flash patterns are also available to choose from including three brightness levels to best suit any application environment.
Multi-Application SIP Extensions
Multiple SIP registrations are also available in this IP speaker, including Page / Intercom (1), Emergency Alert (10) and Ring (10) extensions. On Page, the speaker will auto-answer when called for making public address (PA) voice announcements. For Ring and Emergency Alert extensions the speaker will play a configurable WAV file from 1GB device memory when the extension is called (e.g., ring tones for telephone alerting, notification alerts for safety / security / emergency events and informational announcements).
Scale IP Paging Speaker – Clock Over Any Size Building or Campus
The 8190S supports multicast receive. As a result, many speakers can be deployed to cover any size building, campus (e.g., classrooms in a school, college or university) or enterprise. Most importantly, the endpoint can be combined with any number of other Algo IP speakers, paging adapters and strobe lights, as well as multicast supported IP telephones. There is no limit to the number of devices part of a multicast. Support is available for RTP multicast, in addition to Polycom Group Page, Singlewire InformaCast and Syn-Apps Revolution.
PoE Classroom Speaker – Clock for Schools & Other PA Applications
Together with the Algo 8301 SIP Paging Adapter & Scheduler, a public address (PA) system requiring multiple zones with scheduled bells / announcements can be easily configured and synchronized with IP clocks using the 8190S.
If desired, the 8301 IP paging adapter can also provide audio to a legacy analog paging system via its line level output, and simultaneously multicast this audio to additional Algo IP endpoints.
Ambient Noise Compensation for Dynamic Volume Control & Call Button
Speaker volume can be configured via the web GUI of the endpoint. However, the 8190S speaker’s microphone can also be used to monitor and adapt speaker volume according to background noise levels. This unique Algo feature is called Ambient Noise Compensation. Where many speakers are deployed in a room / building, volume can self-adjust to the background noise levels at each speaker location. Ambient Noise Compensation helps to ensure that announcements and alerts are heard but never too loud.
The 8190S backlit call button is able to call a target extension. Together with the speaker’s microphone, hands-free two-way communication is simple using the call button (e.g., classroom intercom speaker). The microphone can also be enabled for talkback during a voice page announcement, if desired.
High Visibility IP Clock
The speaker’s digital clock automatically synchronizes with an NTP server as a network device. For maximum contrast, the digits are 2.3” tall and illuminated white on a black background. Similarly, the clock can be dimmed for user convenience.
To sum up, the 8190S is a self-amplified SIP speaker. Therefore no separate amplifier is required. The endpoint is powered via PoE + (IEEE 802.3at). A wall mount bracket is included for easy installation. The product is CSA/UL, FCC and CE certified.
Benefits of the PoE Algo SIP Speaker – Clock & Visual Alerter
- Superb audio clarity and intelligibility by way of a four-speaker line array, delivering asymmetric sound dispersion for better sound distribution.
- All-in-one speaker – clock for public address (PA).
- Integrated call button as classroom intercom speaker in schools and other commercial settings.
- Multi-color LED visual alert to meet enhanced emergency notification requirements.
- Network managed and supervised SIP and multicast endpoint.
- Fully zone configurable via a web interface. Multicast zones are not dependent on wiring to speaker.
- NTP server synchronization for simplified clock management.
- PoE + (IEEE 802.3at) eliminates need for local power supply, and simplifies wiring infrastructure and management.
- Eliminates narrowband FXS port or ATA.
- Multi-functional speaker for voice paging, emergency notification and ring alerting. Easily integrate with the Algo 8301 SIP Paging Adapter & Scheduler for automatically playing tones and/or announcements for scheduled events.